Sunday 23 September 2012

5x50 Day 15. Progress is Frustrating

Day 15 of the 5x50 Challenge, walk, jog or cycle 5k a day for 50 days.

Today I'm frustrated.

Two weeks into the challenge and my fitness progress seems to have slowed. I kinda knew this would happen but that doesn't stop the frustration.

If you don't already know from earlier blog posts I took up running back in June. I'd signed up to take part in the Great Scottish Run 10k back at the start of this month. Back in June I couldn't run 1k without stopping! Between then and the 10k I took huge leaps forward in ability while training for the race.

Over the last 10 days I've really started to struggle to beat my personal best 5k time. I keep getting really bad stitches! If anything, I'm getting slower!

This evening, homework. What am I doing wrong? ha! Everyday is a school day!

Frustrated... but happy to have completed a 5k in daylight! It's pretty much always dark when I'm out taking on my evening jogs after work.

Daylight on todays 5k!

Right, I'm off to use my foam roller. Self inflicted torture, ha!

No comments: