Monday 10 September 2012

5x50 Day 2. The Foam Roller

A few things I've learnt since I took up outdoor running a little over two months ago.

1. Long wet grass will soak your trainers, quickly!
2. There's an astonishing amount of dog owners who don't clean up their dogs crap.
3. Running is addictive.

...and it turns out that I have issues with my right iliotibial band (IBS). I didn't even know I had one 'till a few weeks ago!

Meet my foam roller. The IBS fixer.


This gadget works your muscles much the same as a deep sports massage does, without the associated bill!

Today is Day 2 of the 5x50 Challenge; walk, jog or cycle 5k a day for 50 days. Today I walked my 5k. I jogged little stretches, so I guess you could call it a Walk-Jog. Though there doesn't seem to be an option for that on Endomundo. Could I claim it as Interval training? Sounds cool, right...?

I also decided to record an AudioBoo while out on my 5k.

Please support my 5x50 Challenge, I'm raising money for Northsound Cash for Kids. You can donate by clicking here. Thanks!

No comments: